Monday, December 07, 2009

In Vogue: The Illustrated History


The other day hubby and I went to the book store for some relaxation and inspiration. Yes, we both are book worm, though he more than me. We have this routine where we both get our different reading materials and then we meet in one of those comfy chairs. So I went to my favorite girly fashion and beauty isle, while he went to the history section. Then that is when I saw the new beautifully illustrated book, "In Vogue: The Illustrated History of the World's Most Famous Fashion Magazine." I have been wanting to get my hands on this book since it's been out. And there it was right in front of my nose!

This book is a compilation of illustrations and fashion of Vogue magazine throughout history. My first impression: This book is dark, tall, and handsome!

The white and black photograph on the cover of the book caught my attention. I wanted to right away dive into it's pages. This book is as big as an encyclopedia! So when I tried to pick it up from the shelf, I realized that I needed man power. So I asked hubby to help me take it to my seat.

After I finally sat down and got cozy, and I opened the first few pages, I knew that this will be a book that many fashionistas would want to have. This book is filled with vintage pictures and illustrations that made Vogue famous. I especially loved the stories behind the scenes. You will get to learn the different takes and techniques that photographers had back many years ago. It's interesting to note how models and fashion have changed over the years. As a retrochic, I loved looking at the fashion photos of the 20's through the 60's.

For me this book is one of the most beautiful fashionpedia book that I have ever seen. If you like Vogue, fashion, and history of fashion this is the book for you!

I wish that I could have taken this book home. It is quite the price for my modest pocketbook. At the book store it cost $75. But don't worry, you can still buy it used for about half the price, which is worth every penny!


I just love fashion inspiration!



Chao,



Carmen







No comments:

Search This Blog