Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday Sweetness!


After a busy crazy week it was time for me to kick back and relax. And what more than enjoying a sweet treat to start the weekend off! I told my hubby that I was craving for a sweet soft cake. The first thing that came to mind was my favorite Spanish cake called " Tres Leches".





I usually buy this cake from one of my favorite Cuban restaurant "Pollo Tropical". I have made Tres leches before, which is not that difficult to make. I usually first bake a plain vanilla cake. After the cake is ready and out of the oven, I start adding three ingredients: milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Is like giving the cake a milk bath. Tip: You want the cake to be soaked enough, though keeping some of the cakes consistency.





The Tres Leches that I buy comes with a layer of wipe cream and a cherry. If you have a sweet tooth this cake will be one of your favorites. Mind you, sometimes the cake comes a bit too sweet. It all depends where you buy it. Here I am displaying my cake on a white and black design plates that I bought from Target several years ago. Doesn't this setting look delicious?

This Friday I ate my Tres Leches while watching my favorite t.v. show Monk.

It was so nice to spend time with my hubby and enjoying a Friday full of sweetness!



Chao,


Carmen






No comments:

Search This Blog