Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer Blues & Dresses

For many years I have had a fall off with Summer. When growing up, I used to look forward to Summer days. But as I get older and plus the problem with the global warming, Summer and I can't seem to see eye to eye anymore. So whenever the first Summer heat wave arrives, I become like a bear going into hibernation. I stay most of the Summer indoors until the first week of fall, when its nice and cool. I am an outdoorsy kind of girl. I love going out with my hubby and doggie for outdoors activities like bike riding in our neighborhood parks and going for romantic walks. So whenever the heat arise during the Summer, I get into a withdrawal, is like having a Summer blues.

To fight my Summer blues, I try to think of the pretty things of Summer. And what best than these pretty dresses to keep my mind off the heat.



Breezy, shifting chiffon, delicate pleats, and a bow tie waist accentuate the femininity of this dress, while the crisscross back and scooping neckline add suspense. The ruffled collar and silky lining is perfect for a Summer wedding!




This dress is made of bright colors and pure silk chiffon, you'll feel superb when you put this dress on! A black and pink bib graces the bodice, while a pink sash tie will enhance your feminine figure. Perfect that romantic picnic at the park!




This floral printed dress reminds me of my favorite movie The Stepford Wives. This pretty airing dress has ruching at the bust and empire waist and a flirty V-neck halter. If you are hosting a barbecue party this Summer, this dress is for you!


Aren't these dresses cute? They are all from ModCloth!


I hope that you have a great Summer!


And please keep cool.


Chao,


Carmen


P.S. Has anyone seen the movie 500 days of Summer? I have seen the preview. And it seems like its a cute movie. Though, I have yet to decide if I will go and watch it.

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Very cute frocks! I really like the intensely vibrant, cheerful hue of the turquoise number in particular.


Wishing you a beautiful weekend,
♥ Jessica

Carmen Johnson said...

Thanks Jessica for your comment.

I love cheerful color dresses. When I feel like a little blue, it's a great pick me up for me.

Carmen

Search This Blog