Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vintage Hairstyling Book

I am so excited to see that the new 2nd additon of the Vintage Hairstyling book is out! I have been wanting to learn how to do finger waves for the longest! And if you notice the left top picture on the cover of the book is the finger waves hairstyle. I am totally excited when I get my hands on this book! I am so looking forward in getting a new look for these Summer months. And now that I am in the beauty business, I want to always look stylish. Our hair is an accessory, having a new hairstyle every now in then is like wearing a new outfit.

Here is an introduction of the book:

"There was something very special and beautiful about women in the mid-20th century. The way they dressed was elegant and the way they wore their hair was feminine. Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles with Step by Step Techniques is a perfect guide for showing how to create so many of those vintage hairstyles. Lauren Rennells has taken hairstyles from the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s and broken them down into simple, easy-to-follow instructions. It uses over 700 brand new photographs and illustrations and detailed directions in a 164-page full-color book."


Here I am wearing my bangs in a half high french twist. The rest of my hair has soft waves, which gave it a romantic look. This is one of my favorites retro look for when I go out at night and for special occasions. A lot of my friends love the look. I love it because it is my own unique look!

I can't wait to learn the finger waves technique! I have always been fascinated with everything Art Deco: The architect, the fashion, arts, furniture, music, and of course the hairstyles.

Stay tuned for some pictures of me with the finger waves hairdo and retro makeup!


I can't wait!


Chao,


Carmen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the old retro styles from yesteryear and they can look great if done correctly. I bought myself a pair of ghd's a few weeks back and I have been experimenting with various hairstyles although I haven't tried anything retro yet.

Carmen Johnson said...

Hello Tina,

I have always admired the old fashion hair styles. At first I thought that I couldn't really learn how to do these lovely hairstyles. Then when I started learning I realized that with a little practice that it is possible to do it.

Tina I think that you should give a retro hairstyle a try. I am sure that afterward you will realize how feminine and sophisticated you will look!


Best Wishes!


Carmen

Search This Blog