Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lots of Chocolate for Me to Eat!

This is one of the ladies by my favorite artist Alphonse Mucha! This Salmagundi tin box was filled many years ago with delicious chocolates. It is now a keepsake that I keep in my Paris room.

Whenever I think about chocolates, the scene of My Fair Lady comes to mind
when Eliza Dolittle sings "Lot's of Chocolate For Me to Eat."This movie is one of my favorite classics of all time! Audrey Hepburn was terrifically funny and witty in this film. Whenever I have tried to imitate her Cockney accent, my husband would laugh at me. But then I will start singing, " Lots of Chocolate for me to eat, Wouldn't It Be Loverly?"


Milk Chocolate Covered Macadamias Tin from Hersheygifts.com

What is the Hershey Process?

The Hershey process milk chocolate, was invented by Milton S. Hershey, founder of The Hershey Company , is able to be produced more economically, by being less sensitive to freshness of the milk. Although the process is still a trade secret, experts speculate that the milk is partially lipolyzed, producing butyric acid, which stabilizes the milk from further fermentation. This compound gives the product a particular sour, "tangy" taste, to which the American public has become accustomed, to the point that other manufacturers now simply add butyric acid to their milk chocolates.


Can you tell that I love Chocolates?


Chao,


Carmen



Information: Wikipedia

No comments:

Search This Blog