Saturday, August 01, 2009

Look Mom, No Makeup!


Most of the time, believe it or not, I don't wear makeup. Don't get me wrong, I do love makeup and I do love getting all dolled up and ready to hit town. After all I am a girl! Though most of the time when I am home, I love the feeling of having a clean face. You know that feeling when after having a long day and you take that cool shower and feel your skin coming alive again.



There is more behind that clean feeling whenever I remove my makeup. I get a sense of freedom, a sense of serenity, of being in peace with my own skin. For many women though makeup becomes their safety blanket. I was amazed of how many times I have heard of wives not letting their husbands see them without their makeup. And all I can think of that do men really care? If our husband married us, was it because our makeup? Or was it because of who we are as a person, that made them fall in love with us?




R
ecently I saw a documentary of Marilyn Monroe in which they mentioned that when she wasn't working that she loved going out to town without any makeup. Marilyn Monroe became that glamours image that Hollywood wanted. Though for Norma Jean, they were times that she craved to be that girl next door. That girl that many man would like to talk to, without being intimated by her. That girl that was in tuned with herself.


I love being home and being the girl next door!


And even when I do get all dolled up, I want to still be that girl!



Have a great makeup-free weekend!


No comments:

Search This Blog