Monday, November 30, 2009

Wondermark, A Retro Comic Strip!

Since I first laid my eyes on Wondermark, I knew it was love at first sight! Here it is the perfect retro comic strip!

The first thing that caught my attention when I went to the Wondermark website was the vintage feel of it, which I am all for it! Second, the comic strip itself is made to look like it was taken from an old newspaper. So here you are, reading a newspaper comic strip on the internet! Third, I have lately discovered my love for the Parisian Steampunk culture. And Wondermark, is just that! And last but not least, the dialog is about modern daily living, sort of like being a Timewarpian! You dress retro, but you are living in the 21 Century.


Two thumbs up, for Wondermark!


Wondermark cat has a blog

This comic episode, reminds me of the conversation I have with my husband when he is at his computer all day!



Wondermark she wants to make sure

And in this episode is totally what my nervous mom would say! "Can't a mother worried?"



A little bit about the artist himself:

Wondermark is by David Malki ! This comic strip is like reading a 100 years old newspaper comic strip, but with a modern twist! David uses vintage drawings and writes a story line around it. If you love humor with a kick, Wondermark will be your favorite comic page to visit!

Oh, and if you thought that the exclamation mark at the end of David Malki! was a typo, well it wasn't it. That is how he spells his name. Now, that is one funny fellow!


Chao,


Carmen




Click link to visit Wondermark at: http://www.wondermark.com/







No comments:

Search This Blog